20080314

tum tum double trouble.

I think ive been eating too many tums. According to wikipedia, the recomended intake of calcium for an adult such as myself, aged 19-52 is about 1000mg. T I have been consuming 8- 10 ultra strength tums a day, which contain calcium carbonate, which is 40% elemental calcium. 1000 mg ultra strength tums= 400mg calcium. This puts me somewhere in the vicinity of 300% of recommended dosage.

Unlike vitamin C excess, which is simply passed though your urine, an excess in calcum can result in some pretty heinous situations, including but not limited to : "muscle weakness and constipation, affect the conduction of electrical impulses in the heart lead to calcium stones in the urinary tract, impair kidney function, and interfere with the absorption of iron, predisposing to iron deficiency."

ALSO:

As it turns out, taking antacids (such as tums), decreases the amount of stomach acid and causes the food in your stomach to ferment and make you fart more than this man:



So essentially, i have been ruining myself. i only can only imagine the science experiments going on in that mans stomach. Based on the fact that there are three sausage mcmuffins apparently fermenting in my stomach, he and i are not that different. somewhere between a sewage treatment facility and a slaughterhouse lies the smell brewing inside me. Also there are tiny stones waiting to escape from my urethra. fucking hell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want a sausage mcmuffin